CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

12.1.10

"Law & Order"

Hallelujah Orange Cove! Welcome to the 21st century! That's right, after 22 years of lawlessness, order will be restored in this quaint little community. And it's coming in the form of its very own police department.

This wasn't always so! You see, Orange Cove did have its own police department at one time! That is until the mayor-elect chose to disband it! That mayor? None other than Victor Lopez! Shit-for-brains disbanded it back in 1987! Now, if that isn't a fucking "red flag" then I don't know what is! His reasoning: Budget constraints. Anyway, fast forward to present day. Orange Cove city administrator Alan Bengyel, former city manager for Huron, presented a concept that was successfully used there as the basis for the development of an Orange Cove police department. Citing Orange Cove's contracts with the Fresno County Sheriffs department will cost the City $950,000 in 2009/2010, a significant increase over last year’s $758,000. Bengyl said that brings the cost very close to what he says could fund the City's own police department. And, according to Bengyel, with a few other steps,the City can afford to set up and operate the department until it is fully certified, and thus, eligible for state and federal law enforcement grants and other funding. Hell, sign me up! I don't even live there but I know a good thing when I see it! But not Mayor Lopez and Councilwoman Bertha Del Bosque. Both were adamantly against it!SHOCKER! According to Lopez "If you look at all the cities, financially they're all strapped," Lopez said in an interview. "We have a very poor community, and they cannot be taxed any more." Hey, maybe the new officers could patrol the city on BMX bikes...maybe turn the bike park into police headquarters...a training facility perhaps...anything, so it doesn't appear as though you basically flushed $500,000 down the proverbial crapper!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I worked for Orange Cove P.D. thirty-six years ago. I was assisting a Tulare County Sheriff's deputy on an investigation of a known drug dealer residing in the City of Orange Cove. I tried to collect evidence against this dealer so he could be arrested. For all my troubles I received a death threat from within the police department. I was told by a high ranking officer that if a did not stop my drug investigation, I would be setup on a phony vehicle stop near an orange grove where a hitman would be waiting for me with a shotgun. Since I couldn't trust anyone within the police department, I resigned and took another position with another police department. I was shocked to see that the reputed drug dealer is part of The Orange Cove City Government. I guess crime does pay.